Frederick Cooper Lamps homepage Search our catalog by item number and description
You are here: Home » About us » History
 
516 Paul Street, P.O. Box 672, Rocky Mount, NC 27802Phone 252-446-2192
Fax 252-977-6669
 

ARTISTIC LEGACY BEGAN IN 1923

 
Mr. Frederick Cooper, a Chicago artist, established a studio in 1923 to create beautiful sculpture and watercolor paintings. At that time, American architecture was in its heyday in the Windy City. Mr. Cooper was attracted to the the still newly invention of lamps. Through mixing the media of brass, fabric, glass and wood, Cooper created exquisitely designed lamps that matched the swift innovation in American architecture.
 
Under the stewardship of the Gershanov family, the business flourished in Chicago, then the lighting capital of the world. Over decades, many other lamp businesses faded away, while Frederick Cooper prospered, building on its reputation for distinctive styles and superb quality.
 
Today, Frederick Cooper stands for superlative design and traditional craftsmanship. Our goal is to search the world for lost arts and interpret them into illuminated art. There is no compromise in the integrity of media -- pure brass, genuine wood and exotic fabrics. Frederick Cooper -- built for generations.
 
 

Printable version